“Understanding and advising on both sides of the coin has become our greatest strength!”
BRS was founded in August 2009 by Kym and Nicole Williams. Prior to commencing BRS, Kym worked his way up to hold senior positions in General Management and Commercial Leadership across the private sector and government. With a genuine passion for developing people and driving high performance Kym often felt frustrated by the process of engaging advisors. Those that excelled in operations and systems often fell down by not linking the plan to the people. Those that heavily invested in developing people and culture lacked commercial acumen and the insight to improve systems and processes to support and foster the desired culture. With a passion and understanding of both sides of business, Kym and his wife Nicole decided to launch BRS (originally named Business + Risk Solutions).
BRS was founded to create connections between:
- Commercial & Culture
- People & Task
- Strategy & Values
- Leadership & Performance
- Project Objectives & Project Teams
- Partnering & Infrastructure Projects
- Collaboration & Win/Win Outcomes
- Collaboration & Systems
Our top 6 lessons are:
- Focus, Focus, Focus – specialise on your industries and your services
- Develop a world class culture as it cannot be replicated
- Limit negativity and promote positivity in every aspect of your business
- Follow the Service Industries ‘Golden Rule’ in focussing on repeat business and referrals
- Reward bricklaying in the business over sporadic heroic efforts
- Operate with world class systems that maximise collaboration and effectiveness
A large part of our success can be put down to the lessons we learnt early on. These lessons continue to shape who we are and lead us toward what we aspire to become.
It has been a terrific journey to date. We have had the opportunity to work with so many great clients and individuals in organisations and projects across Australia and New Zealand. We have also built a team of dedicated people who not only excel at what they do, but they are also enjoying every step of the BRS journey with us.
Learn more about how our expertise can help your organisation deliver high performance resultsView capabilities