At BRS, we’re passionate about learning. We learn from each other, our clients, TED talks, thought leaders and books. For those of you that have ventured into the BRS office, we have a library of books. Our iPads are filled with books, and our bios even include what books we “live by”. When faced with our unorganised library, our clients often ask us what book we would recommend to read. This sometimes sparks a bit of debate in the office as our individual favourites and latest read are sold to the unsuspecting book seeker.
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow The key with this book is that he is not telling you to sell your business. He is advocating non-dependency on owners of businesses so you can truly enjoy it! A very profound way to set your business up for success from the start! BRS and easyconsult co-owner, Managing Director and avid speed reader, Kym Williams
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor I absolutely love this book because it talks about why happiness matters, and it provides you with some fantastic evidence based strategies that you can apply to increase your own happiness and foster a personal culture of success. This is my favourite find from 2013 so far! BRS Leadership, Team & Culture guru and eternal optimist, Jodie Nevid
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein I finished this book in under two days and I thought about it whenever I managed to put it down. Don’t be fooled; this is a deeply sad story, but it is also filled with a joy for life, personified through the mind of a dog. easyconsult Marketing Coordinator and animal lover, Sarah Edson
- Papillon by Henri Charriere I love this book as it is a story about resilience, courage and survival. It describes how light and goodness of heart can be found in the least expected of places, and how important it is to not take things at face value but to really see things beyond their surface appearance. BRS Consultant and seeker of inspirational people, Kim Tran
- Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams by Jack Canfield This is a book that totally changed my way of thinking, changed my mindset, and ultimately changed my life. After reading and applying the “Law of attraction” principle in this book, I have become happier and more satisfied, and luck keeps coming my way. The book does wonders for me, so I believe it can do the same for you. If you are looking for more happiness and satisfaction in life, this is the best book I could recommend. easyconsult intern and happiness fan, Michelle Tran
- The Dip: A little book that teaches you when to quit (and when to stick) by Seth Godin I love this book as we’re all guilty of sticking at something for too long without knowing when (or if) we should quit. It dispels the myth of quitters never win and winners never quit – Winners do quit – they are just better at knowing what to quit and when in order to be more successful at other things. BRS Consultant and marketing aficionado, Erin Petrys (aka, me)
….however we all feel passionately about our chosen book. I struggled to pick just one to share as it seems to depend greatly on my mood and what I’ve recently read or we’ve been talking about in the office. In fact, on my latest holiday my reading list included some very undemanding chick lit, Bruce Springsteen biography and “The Speed of Trust” by Stephen Covey, so my books seem to be very varied in style.
So what books do you love? Have you got any recommendations that we can add to our already filled to the brim library or our ibooks accounts? We’d love to hear your thoughts and book passions, so sound off in the comments below!